Baked Hot Wings with Cilantro Lime Dip
Image & Recipe Courtesy of Diabetes.org.
- 2 lbs whole chicken wings
- ½ cup reduced sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, reserve ½ teaspoon
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp thai-style chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice, divided
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove skin from wings. Lay chicken wings on coated baking sheet & spray with cooking spray.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together apricot preserves, 2.5 tsp of garlic, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, lime juice and ¼ tsp black pepper
- After the wings have been in the oven for 10 minutes, coat them generously with the apricot preserve mixture. Put in the oven for another 15 minutes or until wings are cooked through and glaze is caramelized.
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper. Serve dipping sauce with hot wings.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Sodium: 245 mg