Deconstructed Egg Sandwich
- 4 eggs
- 2 celery stalks, cut into sticks
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw beets, grated or thinly sliced
- 3 ½ oz (100 g) lower fat Canadian Mozzarella, cut into sticks or 2 ½ oz (75 g) regular Canadian Mozzarella, cut into sticks
- 3 whole-wheat pita breads, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian thick non-fat plain yogurt (Greek-style)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) 1% milk
- 1 green onion or 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) celery seed
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, mix all dip ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and cook for 11–12 minutes in boiling water.
- In the meantime, in containers with compartments, place the celery, lettuce, tomatoes, beets, Mozzarella, pita wedges and dip.
- Shell the hard-boiled eggs, rinse under cold water and add a whole or halved egg to each container.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Serving suggestion: May be served with seasoned and grilled pita wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
- Calories 298
- Protein 21 g
- Total Fat 10 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 204 mg
- Carbohydrates 32 g
- Fibre 5 g
- Sugars 9 g
- Added sugars 4 g
- Sodium 482 mg
- Potassium 481 mg