Chicken & Vegetable Ratatouille Pasta
Recipe courtesy of the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Serves 4.
This recipe is perfect for serving to guests, or for packing in tupperware for lunch on the go!
- 20 mL (4 tsp) canola oil
- 1 small eggplant (about 250 g/8 oz), chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 mL (1 1/2 tsp) herb de Provence
- 1 can (796 mL/28 oz) diced tomatoes with juices (no salt added)
- 250 mL (1 cup) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 250 g (8 oz) boneless skinless chicken, diced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 500 mL (2 cups) whole-wheat rotini pasta
- In large saucepan, heat 10 mL (2 tsp) of the oil over medium high heat and add eggplant, onion, garlic and 5 mL (1 tsp) of the herb de Provence.
- Cook, stirring for about 8 minutes or until starting to become golden.
- Add tomatoes and broth and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in pot of boiling water cook pasta for about 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium high heat and cook, chicken, zucchini and pepper with remaining herb de Provence, stirring constantly for about 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Stir into tomato mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- Calories: 336
- Protein: 23 g
- Total fat: 8 gSaturated fat: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg
- Carbohydrates: 48 gFibre: 7 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Sodium: 217 mg
- Potassium: 885 mg